Late 2013 Rmbp camera issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ocelot12, Jan 19, 2014.

1. ocelot12 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    My wife was sitting next to me and we both was playing with the photobooth effects and I noticed that the camera was much brighter on her MacBook Air 2013. Why is there such a big difference ? Could it be a hardware problem? The brightness setting was the same.

Thanks

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You asked why no one answered you in the other thread you started 11 hours after this one...so I responded to the one that was void of the question and more about the concern of a hardware issue.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=18663825 You should edit this thread to include your examples that you posted.

Maybe because you asked a question less then 12 hours ago and depending upon where people live, they were either going to bed, barely getting up for work (or whatever they do all day), or they simply don't have an answer.

Patience, learn it.

It certainly could be a slight variance in hardware, perhaps the thickness of the lid comes into play (think about having a case on an iPhone that sometimes causes flash issues, or it could be how Photobooth processed the image. The lighting could have just barely changed as well.

3. ocelot12 thread starter macrumors newbie

here are some pics:

Left MBA
    Right Rmbp

Attached Files:

4. ocelot12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but the other Thread was deleted....so it can't be a hardware problem?

5. priitv8 macrumors 68020

6. ocelot12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! but before I do that I would like to make sure this is not a hardware issue. Compared to other devices from the same Model is the quality ok or worse?