Late 2013 rMBP screen issue: resolved

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by BeagleMeister, May 6, 2015.

1. BeagleMeister macrumors member

BeagleMeister

Photo shows irregularities/peeling of anti-reflective coating in lower right corner of late 2013 13" rMBP. Screen had been cleaned only occasionally with the black microfiber cloth included in the original box, with no chemical sprays used (just breath and sometimes the cloth moistened with filtered water). Pleasantly surprised upon taking it to Apple Store that it was viewed as a defect ("AR Coating Issue" was the code used by employee when logging the issue). I could not part with the machine at time of store visit, so Apple overnighted me a box to use for sending the unit to an Apple repair facility in Houston, TX, with requirement that I send the computer within 30 days. Sent computer to Houston on April 30, it was repaired on May 1, and it was returned to my house on May 2 with a new Display Assembly installed, no charge. Computer was purchased in July of 2014 and also had AppleCare. The Repair Coverage Status note indicated the following: Limited Warranty.

Been very happy with the notebook with the exception of the screen issue, and I appreciate how promptly and professionally Apple managed it. Hopeful that the new display will not have the same issue.

Attached Files:

2. BeagleMeister thread starter macrumors member

BeagleMeister

Moderator: please move to Notebooks > MacBook Pro forum

Sorry for posting it here, meant to post in Notebooks > MacBook Pro section.