Late 2013 rMBP Trackpad faulty?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by appleboyy, Nov 8, 2013.

1. appleboyy macrumors 6502

Had my macbook pro just over a week and only just noticed the trackpad..

Is it just mine thats a bit weird, it doesn't click where i've shaded the red, but works fine where i've shaded green, i'm still within the 14 days, so should i call the online store and get a replacement sent?

[​IMG]

2. DaRealElvis macrumors member

why would you need to click there? :D
    I think it´s normal, can´t click there either (tried it for you)

3. appleboyy thread starter macrumors 6502

i don't usually, it just seems like it sticks a bit, i don't know its strange.

the left side seems a bit more recessed than the right too

4. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

It should be more like this, the brighter the green is the easier it is to click the button down.

[​IMG]

To clarify, the entire trackpad is not meant to click down, only the bottom edge.

5. appleboyy thread starter macrumors 6502

that clears it up, but the whole left top half, up until maybe when its under the V key won't click

6. koppie644 macrumors regular

The upper area is much harder to click, at least on my 15rmbp

7. SVTmaniac macrumors 6502

8. priitv8 macrumors 68020

I think the plate is hinged at the top.

9. Stetrain macrumors 68040

The trackpad is hinged at the top, the click mechanism is at the bottom.

The physical click is mostly designed to be used with your thumb on the lower edge while you move the cursor with your finger.

If you want to be able to click with your pointing finger anywhere on the trackpad, turn on tap-to-click. I much prefer that to the physical click anyway :)

10. Bri in Mtl macrumors member

Glad I found this thread -was worried something was wrong with my trackpad.
    But related to this and probably a simple answer but could someone please explain how you can easily "grab" whatever icon or similar located at the top of the screen and drag it downwards to the bottom of the screen. I have to do it in small bits at a time due to this difficulty clicking the top of the tracpad. :confused:

11. leman macrumors 604

This is why I do it with two fingers: click down with the thumb and move with the index or middle finger ;)

12. costica1234 macrumors member

Or use the 3-finger drag gesture (make sure you have turned it on in System Preferences). It makes moving windows/icons and selecting text so much convenient. Plus you don't have to do the gesture in one movement: e.g. when moving an icon on desktop you can take your fingers off the trackpad for a short moment and then continue dragging with 3 fingers. It feels magical :D