Late 2013 rMBP w/ Sharp PN-K322B 4k60 HELP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nclay, Feb 21, 2017.

1. nclay macrumors newbie

Hello All,
    As you can see in my title i have a 11,2 rMBP late 2013 i7 intel IRIS pro graphics and i cannot seem to make my sharp PN-K322B work with it at 60hz. It works fine via mDP -> DP to drive the display at 4K30Hz, but when i put the monitor into MST mode for 4K60Hz i just get a blank screen or sometimes i get a 2160x1920 display. Does anyone have any experience getting this combination to work correctly?

Thanks.

2. nclay thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Sanpete macrumors 68020

The Apple support page on this notes some displays may require a firmware update to work this way. Have you got the latest firmware?

4. nclay thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply sanpete, yes I spoke to sharp yesterday and I have the latest available firmware.

5. Sanpete macrumors 68020

Looking around a bit online, I see several complaints that this model doesn't run at 60 Hz on Macs. Don't know why that would be, since the non-touch-screen version does, but it seems to be due to lack of driver support. You might want to also inquire at the Apple forums. Hope you can get it working, looks like it would be a greta addition to a Mac.