Late 2013 rMBP wifi weirdness

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by elviorion, Feb 17, 2014.

1. elviorion macrumors newbie

So I got a late 3013 retina 13" mackbook pro recently and its showing a little weirdness with respects to wifi. Ping transmit times are somewhat high, and really unstable. They go from 20's all the way up to 300ms, but this is an issue I have read about. It hasn't seem to really impact what I do so much and if there is a fix for it great, if not I'm not THAT concerned...what I AM concerned with is that it doesn't seem to auto connect to my wifi all the time. Once in a while it does but it seems more often than not if I close the lid and wait a few seconds then open and wake the book up I have to chose my network to make it connect. The computer has only ever been connected to this network, never any other (just received it Friday).

Any ideas what could cause this to happen? It's a bit annoying after a while. I have small children and close the notebook often to tend to them then come back to it while I'm in the middle of working and it slows me down a bit.

2. elviorion thread starter macrumors newbie

If I turn the wifi off and on it DOES connect automatically, it seems to be just when the computer put itself to sleep that it wont.