Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpartanTX117

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
I just upgraded my old 2008 Macbook Pro with a new to me used late 2014 model. It is a MacBook Pro 15 in 512ssd 16Gb Ram not that anything except the size matters.

My 2008 I had in a clear hard shell and it got scratch marks all overthe edges and top from dust getting in between it and the case. Can anyone recommend to me one that won't do that or at least not as bad?

I thought about just a skin but haven't found one I cared for.

Open to a skin or rubberized case. Sorry if this subjects been beaten to death but I couldn't find anything in the search that really fit what I wanted.

efib

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2012
Just use some lucky labs or icarbons skin if you have to but I think that a sleeve style case will be just fine and your Mac will be sooo elegant :cool:

Nocturnal22

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2009
I just upgraded my old 2008 Macbook Pro with a new to me used late 2014 model. It is a MacBook Pro 15 in 512ssd 16Gb Ram not that anything except the size matters.

My 2008 I had in a clear hard shell and it got scratch marks all overthe edges and top from dust getting in between it and the case. Can anyone recommend to me one that won't do that or at least not as bad?

I thought about just a skin but haven't found one I cared for.

Open to a skin or rubberized case. Sorry if this subjects been beaten to death but I couldn't find anything in the search that really fit what I wanted.

Best skins ever. They have Matte skins which the best skins to preserve the look of the MBP imo. Smooth to the touch and not shiny at all. I have one and am thinking of doing a review if i have time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.