Late 2015 5K iMac Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Lil J, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Lil J macrumors newbie

Hello.

I just tried to erase the Macintosh HD partition on my Late 2015 5K iMac and it came up with an error and said something like 'Cannot erase...etc.'. The Macintosh HD partition has now disappeared and rebooting the system doesn't change that, the system boots straight into OSX Utilities instead of OSX and if I try to reinstall OSX the only partition/drive that shows up is Recovery HD and nothing else.

In Disk Utility it has the Fusion Drive listed under Internal but nothing else underneath that. Apple disk image Media is listed under Disk Images and OS X Base System under Apple disk image Media.

Both First Aid and Partition options don't seem to be of any use.

It is a 2TB Fusion Drive.

2. kiwipeso1 Suspended

kiwipeso1

You'll need to recreate the fusion drive, as what you've done is separate the drives from the logical volume group.

This will involve a quick google for create fusion drive in terminal. (Which you'll need to do from the recovery drive instead of run the disk utility)

3. vddobrev macrumors regular

This is an old thread, but wanted to share my experience. I was in a similar situation when I clean installed the OS. Just did a "First Aid" on the fusion drive, and it automatically recreated the fusion drive.