Late 2015 iMac: No Sound in Windows 10 - Help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by legaleye3000, Jan 22, 2016.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

I just got a Late 2015 iMac and put Windows 10 on it. Everything works, except no sound. I may have restored the windows image from my MacBook Pro (don't remember). Any suggestions? Delete the driver in Device Manager and let it find what I have?

Thanks!

2. chscag macrumors 68000

If you restored the Windows image from your MacBook Pro to a new 2015 iMac, it's a wonder anything works. You need the drivers for your iMac which can be downloaded from Apple. But first I would try opening Boot Camp from control panel in Windows 10 and select update. That might work.

3. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

Update did not show any updates available (Apple software update or any drivers in Windows Update). I'm going to try to download boot camp from the Mac side and reinstall on the Windows side.

4. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

Delete the old partition and install a new fresh copy using the assistant. Boot Camp is not a super-stable system, and if you mess around with it, you can break something easily.