Late 2016 15" MBP Fans

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dgbarar, Dec 1, 2016.

1. dgbarar macrumors regular

dgbarar

Hi All,

I just got my new late 2016 MBP (2.9 GHZ, 1 TB, 460). My impression is that it has similar battery life to my late 2013 15" MBP (2.6 GHZ, 512 GB).

One thing that I have noticed is that I can always here the faint whisper of the fans running on the late 2016 where I could almost never hear the fans on the late 2013 (I knew they were running if I put my ear up to laptop on the backside but I really had to force myself to actually hear them running). Is this normal? Or, is this due to a difference in physical design and less heat removing capability.

Cheers,

Donald Barar

2. dgbarar thread starter macrumors regular

dgbarar

3. MarcBou macrumors regular

Yey! Finally a post for everyone who loves the new Macbook Pro. I'm a fan too!

4. dgbarar thread starter macrumors regular

dgbarar

Bump. I would like ask this question again. I can hear the a faint whisper of fans running constantly on my new 15" 2016 MBP under light load. This is different from my experience with my late 2013 15" MBP--I could never hear the fans under light load.

Can anyone confirm for me if this is normal for the late 2016 MBP

Donald Barar

5. kis macrumors 65816

Only the 15" models have their fans on all the time. The fan's very quiet, though - I'm extremely sensitive to noise and it really doesn't bother me at all. On the upside, the fan has been staying this quiet pretty much constantly on mine - even during heavy LR and photoshop sessions, I never heard it spin up, while the 2015 rMBP used to get extremely loud as soon as LR started - that was the main reason for me switching to an iMac a year ago.