Late 2016 MacBook Pro Keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blairian89, Jan 9, 2017.

1. blairian89 macrumors 6502

blairian89

I know that a lot of people have complaints about the new keyboard but I love it. I have seen my typing speed increase substantially over the past couple of weeks. I am averaging well over 100WPM on the new computers and was around 80-90WPM on my old computer.

http://imgur.com/a/8HKv4

Disclaimer: Not a seriously scientific typing test, but it is a decent measure.

Also, any challengers? We can have some fun with this one!

2. Jaekae macrumors 6502a

Peoples brains are built to dislike change if its changed more than 10%

but i like the keyboard also :)

3. t2nerb macrumors newbie

The main reason I dislike it is due to me having to push my L-CMD with more force than the other keys, otherwise it doesn't register a button push :(

4. lambertjohn macrumors 6502a

Isn't there a thread about this exact topic, already?? Do we really need to do this again?

5. danniexi macrumors 6502

I don't "like" the new keyboard to be honest (in terms of feel), but I'm also averaging the same increase in typing speed, so I can't really complain either.

6. chriscrk macrumors 6502a

chriscrk

My dad got himself the 13inch Touch Bar the other day, and I've used it to type a bit and I find it fantastic!

I don't know if I'm super easy at change or what, but I felt like I got used to the new keyboard and trackpad immediately. It all felt natural, and I even found myself using the touch bar quite a bit to open new tabs in Safari and what not.

7. kjvmartin macrumors regular

Liked mine, but it failed on me. Now I have no keyboard at all for 5-7 days.