Late 2k10 MBP 13" & Battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by redsoxunixgeek, Mar 29, 2011.

1. redsoxunixgeek macrumors regular

redsoxunixgeek

As a long time apple user, I finally made it back to getting an MBP after several years of being forced into windows.

I bought a brand new MBP when i turned it on the Battery would only hold 80% of the charge, and kept flashing "Service Battery" i tried everything - a Calibration, an SMC Reset, EVERYTHING. I took it back, and Apple Swapped it out. No questions asked

So I got the new one home. The Battery held at 100% for a couple days, and then dropped to 95%.

Now with 30 Cycles even, I am down at 90.

So, with that in mind, should I do an SMC Reset and a Cycle? I have some friends who have MacBook Air's who's batteries hold 99% and 103% of their charge after 42, and 50 Cycles respectively. Do the MacBook Air's use a different higher capacity battery?

I use the MBP at school, I leave it on for days at a time, and just suspend it I do lots of partial cycle charges, and leave it plugged in every night until i go to school the next morning

Any ideas on how to fix this? or should I swap... again?

Thanks in Advance.

2. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

oh dont worry too much. i had the same problem [about 15 cycles ish and about 93-94 % capacity]

as long as it doesn't fall below 80% you can't do a thing about it.. so stop worrying and just enjoy hte mac!!!

BTW: Laptop_Battery_Guide by GGJStudios said:

it might a different article beaus its honestly been a long time, but the jist is that the battery capacity goes up and down. today it is at 93 tomorrow it will be at 97 then 105 and then 81 and then 83 and so on so forth. Basically, the battery capacity goes up and down [BOTH WAYS, not just one].. so dont worry too much!!

PS if this is confusing, comment, i will try hard to find that article or something as proof :) [sry im a bit busy right now to find the article]