Late April? Like when?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PsyD4Me, Apr 6, 2010.

1. PsyD4Me macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

I am going through withdrawals after trying my buddies WiFi model.

Why is apple so vague about the date?

2. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

I don't think they are being vague. Vague would be something like: mid-Spring or Summer 2010.

Just assume the latest, April 30.

3. iLiveUdie macrumors regular

They did this for the Wi-Fi version also. When they first announced it red something like: Wi-Fi Early April, 3G Late April....

They will probably announce a date mid April, and release it around April 23rd I would say...

4. JonboyDC macrumors regular

Haven't they already announced an April 24 launch date for a number of non-U.S. markets for both the wi-fi and 3G versions? My assumption has been that we'll get 3G in the U.S. at that time.

5. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

I wonder if late April is when Apple anticipates FCC approval for the 3G version and they'll start shipping it as soon as they get that.

I have a 3G on order as well, but I can wait. I have plenty to do in the meantime.

6. iLiveUdie macrumors regular

Have they? I do not recall this....

7. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

Count yourselves lucky. We can't even get an idea of price yet in Europe let alone exact release dates

8. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

9. dino26 macrumors 6502

I assume late April will be the 24th or 30th one of these two days

10. JonboyDC macrumors regular

Apple hasn't officially announced the 24th as a release date for any country, but all Apple store employees in Canada have been told they can't take the 24th off, which leads most people to conclude that's the release day there. I guess we're all just hoping that will also be the day we get the 3G in the U.S.

11. strangelogic macrumors regular

fcc

According to :apple: they can't even offer it for 'sale' (even pre-orders) until there is FCC approval... So - since they are taking pre-orders it's a pretty safe bet the FCC has authorized it. Probably just part of the manufacturing ramp-up, and perhaps they are trying to convince people there is enough wi-fi that they don't need 3g... They almost had me convinced, and if the sprint overdrive had cooperated, I might have stuck with it...

12. plex macrumors newbie

Any chance that they will announce international dates for WiFi+3G during the iPhone-event on thursday?

I'm a bit concerned that Apple won't stick to late April, as there haven't been any updates on that at all so far.

13. EZ-PZ macrumors member

EZ-PZ

I'm really hoping it's the 24th as I'm taking a 2 week vacation on the 29th! It would be nice to have it in hand for that.