Late in the Game, I know...Thinking about buying iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by asavage, Jun 23, 2010.

1. asavage macrumors newbie

asavage

I know that the iPhone has been around for a long time now, for the last few years my work has provided me with a Blackberry which I totally love, but now that I don't have to use it I am doing research into what is the best phone to get. Obviously there is a lot of hype surrounding the iPhone and I am really interested in getting one but I have also heard a lot of things about the Android devices? Which is the better way to go in your opinions? Is Android going to surpass the iPhone like they claim? I read review after review after review and I just can't seem to make up my mind!! So I joined this forum to get honest facts and opinions on the matter. Let me know what you think!!!

Also, on a sidebar, if I go with the iphone what accessories are a must have for it or an I don't really need but it's really really cool? and if on the off chance I bust my phone up is it really as easy as everyone says it is to fix yourself or is it better to use a repair company, and if better to use a repair company which one is the best?

2. UCF-ENG macrumors regular

If you want to have a phone "that just works" and that has the best 3rd party software support get an iPhone. Period. If you like to tinker, don't mind your device becoming outdated in a few months (instead of a year), and don't mind often having to wait months for software that's already available on the iPhone, than get an Android...