Late night data charges?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ktoll119, Jun 7, 2010.

1. ktoll119 macrumors newbie

For the past two months, my iPhone data usage spiked like crazy, from 200-300mb in prior months to closer to 1gb in April and May. This coincided with the purchase of the slingplayer app which seemed to justify the increased usage. However I looked at my itemized data usage on my bills and between normal waking hours, my data usage is 100-200mb but between the hours of 2am and 3am ONLY the data usage is 800-900mb. I am definitely not using my phone between 2am and 3am and even if I were, it would be on my home's wifi network, not 3g.

So my questions are as follows - is this a normal pattern for everyone? Does ATT roll up an enitre day's particular type of usage into a particular time stamp? Is it possible the time stamps are just wrong? The time stamps on my phone calls and texts are correct for my time zone. Is there any way for ATT or Apple to tell me what apps are drawing down the data?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. cbaxter92 macrumors newbie

Same here.

I have just noticed the same thing happening to me. I have no idea what is causing it but I think I'll try my phone on airplane mode overnight and see how that goes. When searching for this, I also found the same issue on a blackberry forum and no one there knew anything about it either.

3. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

Really dumb question here: How do you check this?

I'm from uk so I'm not on AT&T so I can't help, but it would be I interesting to see.