Lately experiencing Kernel Panics

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by still in school, Nov 19, 2009.

1. still in school macrumors 6502

Feb 21, 2009
    Lately I've been receiving the message to hold down the power button to reset my computer. I've thought this was weird and googled and found out that I had a Kernel panic. I've never experienced this before until lately... when I open the lid up from sleep mode. What should I do to stop this?
  2. alphaod macrumors Core

Feb 9, 2008
    Start by making sure you have all your important files back up… fear the worst: be prepared for just-in-case.

Now… Did you install new hardware (I can't imagine what) or new software (anything from a new widget to applications)?
  3. LinMac macrumors 65816

Oct 28, 2007
    The fun thing about Mac debugging is there aren't that many steps involved to fix 99% of the problems.

Try the steps in this post and let us know if you're still having the problems.

Note: The software works on Leopard too despite the name.
  4. wol macrumors regular

Jun 15, 2005
    Kernal panic - same here

Same here, just 1hr ago. First Kernel panic ever on 6 week old MBA (Rev C) with 10.6.2. The only thing I changed today was tuning the time before a PW is required on wake-up (security preferences). Then on wake-up after 30 min of sleep it responded with Kernel panic. :confused:
  5. still in school thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 21, 2009
    only thing on the list was iTunes helper, i took that off the list. i hope i don't encounter another panic
  6. LinMac macrumors 65816

Oct 28, 2007
    Remember that the startup items are usually the least important item on the list.