Latency Issues With Performance MX

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Iglio, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Iglio macrumors regular

I recently purchased a logitech performance MX and i'm somewhat reluctant to keep it because I have been getting bad latency issues with it. I purchased it on eBay and it stated that it did not come with the original rechargeable battery. The problem occurs when I leave the mouse alone for a few seconds and I go back to it, the cursor just stays there for 2-5 seconds then jumps on the screen. However, this problem does not occur when I have it plugged into the USB charger (basically acting as a wired mouse). What should I do? Do I return the mice on ebay? Do I use it wired? Do I get a new battery?

2. fred_garvin macrumors regular

I've got a MX-1000 that I've had about 3 years. Got it new at the time. Never had a problem. Don't know about that model, if yours is a lemon or the battery, but something is wrong.

3. Iglio thread starter macrumors regular

After much digging I have discovered that there is in fact not a problem. The battery in the Performance MX is designed to go to sleep after 10 seconds of inactivity. Why we can't change this idk. In any case, this also explains why the mouse works fine when it is being charged directly.