Later, 17" Macbook Pro. Hello i7 iMac and Macbook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by nicoritschel, Oct 21, 2010.

1. nicoritschel macrumors regular

So I have a 2009 17" MBP and just bit the bullet, and got a 27" Refurbished i7 iMac and Macbook Air and I'm beyond stoked. I just ordered 8GB of ram for the MBP and a Vertex 2 though. I guess I'll return both of them, and when sandforce 2 comes along, I'll likely pick up an SSD for the iMac. Now the wait begins :cool:

2. i0Nic macrumors 65816

I'm thinking of doing the same, ditching my 15" MBP and getting an iMac and 11' MBA instead. I think it's a good option.

Though I've also got an iPad, so kinda hard justifying the need for a MBA as well as an iPad - but I don't like the idea of living without an Apple laptop!

3. ProstheticHead macrumors 6502

If I were you, I'd return that refurb i7 iMac and order it from PowerMax.com instead... Same computer BRAND NEW for the same price and no sales tax.

Regardless, the iMac/MBA combo is something I'm highly considering. I'm sitting with my i5 iMac and a PowerBook G4 12" currently, but I'm always open to a more potent portable. ;)

4. nicoritschel thread starter macrumors regular

Link me, dude. I see it for 2199 on powermax.com

5. ProstheticHead macrumors 6502

6. nicoritschel thread starter macrumors regular

No problem! I was going to go for the last generation but decided screw it I might as well just go for the current gen.

7. ProstheticHead macrumors 6502

Go big or go home. :)

8. nicoritschel thread starter macrumors regular

I thinking about typing that :p

9. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

Im considering the same! You can see what I have in my sig!

But im tempted to sell my iPad for an 11"....

Just concerned that the 1.4 might be slow and sluggish!

10. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

Go test drive it it's frickin awesome performance.

In terms of performance they are fantastic! The flash drive REALLY makes all the difference. Hell garage band boots up in a few seconds its so frickin quick and even iPhoto runs so smoothly and iMovie - all the iLife 11 apps. The speakers work amazingly well and this is all on the 11" MacBook air! You wouldn't even know your running a machine that's 1.4ghz I'm not even kidding. I wasn't so sure about the new release but I test driven one in our local store yesterday.

Absoloutely amazed by the machine seriously.

Worth the buy if your after portability but yes backlit keyboard is a shame and so is infrared but surely there's an app or something if you have anipod touch or iPhone to control your presentations etc? Worth a look if you have one.

11. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

Thanks dude! I'm just concerned if i will miss my iPad battery life, always on interney and ability to type in the dark....

But I will be soo much faster and more productive on it than on my iPad.