iPad mini Later in November = ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mcdj, Oct 23, 2013.

1. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Any takers on a bet that the rMini is going to see a delay, and possibly not make it in time for the holidays?

Last year I ordered a white 16gb Mini for my wife in early November from AT$T. It showed up December 23rd. And it wasn't even the white 16gb I'd ordered...it was a black 32. They apologized in a card in the box, saying they hoped the 32gb upgrade would make up for the delay and wrong color.

I can imagine similar if not worse problems this year.

2. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

It'll be here by Xmas. Apple is smarter than that. In fact, it'll be here by Black Friday.

3. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

Ill stop myself from making a rant about apologizing about a delay in GIVING a GIFT to say that it means before black friday.

4. bkribbs macrumors 65816

You didn't order at launch though right?

I'll be up at 3am EDT for it.

5. mcdj thread starter macrumors 604

mcdj

But how will you know when it launches? We're talking the mini.

6. royinla14 macrumors regular

7. bkribbs macrumors 65816

Will they not announce a date eventually? Or will they just randomly one day put them up?

8. mcdj thread starter macrumors 604

mcdj

I don't remember how they've handled this in the past. I'm not even sure this has happened before. There's usually a solid date announced during the keynote.

I guess there will be some kind of press release that the tech sites will post.

9. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

I remember the celluar mini had a similar issue with no date. I'm sure something will leak eventually. I don't think apple can get away with a silent release

10. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Last year, there was a launch date for the mini, and I stayed up until 3AM Eastern to order, and got it without any delay. I forget the exact details of when the order went live, but I'm sure if you follow MacRumors, you'll find out in plenty of time to make plans. ;)

11. THFourteen macrumors 6502

Last year there was no specified launch date for the LTE IIRC, but there was for the WiFi.

However you could order both on the apple store on the same day in advance of that date, and i think you got the WiFi on launch date.

HOWEVER the LTEs didnt actually ship from china until a few weeks later IIRC, so everyone recieved them 5 days later than if they had gone to an apple store.

It was December the 11th or so i think when my LTE arrived, and i ordered at midnight UK time as soon as the "preorders" were up

12. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

My bet is for November 21st which for me would be a good day because Nov 15th is the release of the Play Station 4 and Nov 29 is Black Friday, I don't see Apple releasing the Retina iPad mini on Black Friday.

13. iSimpsons macrumors regular

My money's on Apple releasing a date on or shortly after the November 1st Release for the iPad Air...

You heard it here first. :D

14. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

My money is on Nov. 15 because Apple doesn't give a flying money crap about Sony, or the Playstation 4.

15. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

So will the release date land on a Tuesday or a Friday?
    Also, will there be an official warning before they go on sale?

16. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

Why? Do you think that if they miss Black Friday they won't sell every last one of the paltry number that will be available at the time?

17. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

AT&T website has it as available "Late November", whatever that means.

18. Ohrstrom macrumors 6502

Ohrstrom

Quite possible that its just a direct translation from "later in november" as Apple put it.

19. bkribbs macrumors 65816

Is the correct interpretation:

later, in november

or

later in november meaning like the latter part of the month?

20. Ohrstrom macrumors 6502

Ohrstrom

Yes.

What I mean is I don't think anyone really knows. ;)

21. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

If I have to take a bet, I would say late November, but definitely before Black Friday. Perhaps 11/22 to go in line with previous Friday releases.

22. Macalway macrumors 68000

It's true. Late in Nov is not reassuring. It sounds like there's a week link in the supply chain.

Perhaps they need to supply more pressure