Latest App Store policy "victim": GoodReader

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Trahearne, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trahearne macrumors 6502

http://9to5mac.com/2014/12/31/goodreader-app-store-icloud-rejection/

It seems Apple is now telling that you should not create folders, delete folders and move files around in your app container via the app. So an app working on a library of documents is not allowed to manage its own library. Meh. Is this logical at all? And I can tell that a lot of iCloud Drive capable apps can manage the files in its container. Whoa, let's wait and see the drama of a sea of "uh, oh, you cannot create folders now".

But the most interesting fact is that the well-known pilot iCloud Drive user, the iWork suite, can do all the things above. So Apple, please do not be double standard if you are not gonna retract your policy (which I think they would soon *cough*). Pull down your policy-violated iWork suite the naughty boy from the App Store immediately, please?

God knows what is in the App Review team's head.

One more thing, did I ever mention that you can't ever manage your iCloud Drive on your iDevices, not even iCloud.com. Okay, I know that some may argue that iCloud Drive is just a mean to exchange files between apps. But the issue now is that Apple seems that they don't even want iOS apps to manage its own collection of files. *cough*

;)

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've long given up using iCloud as my cloud storage medium. Stuff like this, makes life even harder for the consumer. Its wacky but apple sometimes intent on driving consumers and developers away or at least frustrating them by these draconian rules.

3. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

Apple's App Store team is a complete joke and is making Apple look very bad. This coupled with the poor QA is starting to force me out of iOS and OS X, and I really don't want to give up on OS X.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.