Latest arrival time to guarantee an Iphone 6 Plus on Launch Day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by themkook, Sep 16, 2014.

?

What is the LATEST arrival time at an Apple Store to guarantee an iPhone 6 Plus?

1. Thursday before 6 pm

18 vote(s)
    38.3%
  2. Thursday 6-8 pm

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. Thursday 9-11 pm

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  4. Midnight-1 am

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  5. Friday 1-2 am

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  6. Friday 2-3 am

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. Friday 3-4 am

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Friday 4-5 am

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  9. Friday 5-6 am

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  10. After 6 am

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. themkook macrumors newbie

This is a genuine opinion poll: what time do you think is the absolute latest time to arrive at an Apple Store on Thursday night/Friday morning to guarantee obtaining an iPhone 6 Plus on launch day (without having preordered)?

I know arriving as early as possible is preferred (i.e. Thursday afternoon), but that may be overly cautious -- this poll is about what the latest arrival time is that you guys objectively think should guarantee you an iPhone 6 Plus?

Responding "noon on Thursday" is obvious but not what I'm looking for. For instance, would arriving at 2 am guarantee one? Or 4 am? Or midnight?

Because it depends on the area and crowds, let's assume this is a fairly busy Apple store in a mid/major-sized metropolitan area.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

There is no way anyone can tell you a time to guarantee getting an iPhone on Friday.

I camped out for the iPhone 4 launch. I arrived at my store about midnight and there was already at least 100 people in front of me. So I would say you need to get there well before midnight for this one. I voted for 6-8pm Thursday.

Good luck.:D

3. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

I know you don't want to hear "noon on Thursday," but last year that was the requirement in most places in order to get a gold phone.

I'm using that experience to predict the experience with this year's hot model.

Try your luck at 2 am and see what happens if you like. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Just to be clear, most Apple stores last year received fewer than 5 (FIVE) gold iPhone 5Ses. Most carrier stores received none. It is up to you. A new thread doesn't dictate a different answer.

4. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

OP, not trying to diss you, but, how in the world would anyone know the answer to this question. Number of people standing in line depends on the interest, popularity of the location, etc. If the number of people standing in line is less than the available stock then they will get it on launch day.

5. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Most useful poll I've seen in a while. It's definitely going to help anyone that sees it and plans on waiting for a phone think twice about showing up "late" with high expectations.

Busy day a Friday. Good luck all who hunt.

6. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

If the apple store is close to you, maybe swing by every two hours to see how many people are already there. Once there are five or so people, bunker down til 8am Friday. You could even ask the folks in line which model they want to see if they are competing with you.

Also don't forget that some people may be buying more than one phone...

7. 617aircav Suspended

The answers to OP question is as early as possible.

8. indychris macrumors 6502

indychris

I don't see where you noted what model. If you're after a 128GB 6P, then I'd say you'd better be in line now. If you're looking for a 16GB, then you might be able to sleep in that day and still find one.

9. Cougarcat macrumors 604

For a plus? Highly doubt it. All the plus models will be very limited.

10. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I'm betting the lines will be HEAVILY comprised of Plus purchasers because the iPhone 6 was still available for 9/19 delivery as of yesterday (I believe).

:apple:

11. g35 macrumors 6502a

My experience at the only Apple Store in a city of 700,000, for one launch (2010):

-launch day, Friday, probably around 10-11 AM: 6-8 hour wait, only 16 GB models left
    -day after launch, Saturday, probably around 7-8 AM: 1 hour wait, still lots of 16 GB models left

12. indychris macrumors 6502

indychris

I don't at all doubt that supplies of the 6P will be constrained at all levels; I just don't believe that there will be that much demand for a 16GB 6P.

13. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Demand? Maybe not. But please do consider when the "demanded" 64 & 128 GB models are gone and people have waited hours in line, those 16Gb models will be the next prey to feed their appetites.

14. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Why not? It's the cheapest. I think the 128 will be "easiest" to get.

15. indychris macrumors 6502

indychris

Obviously either of you could be correct. Guess we'll know Friday. :D

16. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

I would say it depends on your location. When the iPhone 5 launched I went to see if there was a line yet around 10pm the night before. If you're close enough to the Apple store, that's what I would do. Or see if your Apple store is on the launch day forum; people will be posting the status of the line as the night goes on.

17. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Depends on your location. Some stores will have more people than others waiting early in the morning.