Latest Beats Ad Features LeBron James, Kevin Durant, and Other NBA All-Stars

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 16, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Beats by Dre has released a new BE HEARD ad featuring NBA all-stars LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, and James Harden.

The 30-second spot shows each player listening to the song Seven Nation Army by American rock duo The White Stripes while warming up with Apple's popular Beats Solo3 and Powerbeats3 headphones.

It's possible the ad could be played during the remainder of the 2017 NBA Playoffs, which have now reached the Conference Finals.

James will gear up for the Cleveland Cavaliers in game one of the Eastern Conference Finals against the Boston Celtics tomorrow, while Durant and Green helped the Golden State Warriors rally from a 25-point deficit to defeat the San Antonio Spurs in game one of the Western Conference Finals on Sunday.

Harden's Houston Rockets were eliminated by the Spurs in the Western Conference Semifinals last week.

Article Link: Latest Beats Ad Features LeBron James, Kevin Durant, and Other NBA All-Stars

2. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I hope Cleveland trumps the Warriors for a second year in a row. The Finals will be interesting this year.

4. BootsWalking macrumors 65816

Great basketball players. Horrible headphones.

5. otternonsense macrumors 65816

otternonsense

I still don't get why a company like Apple went for a company like Beats and not eg. Bowers and Wilkins. Considering it's all about cheap pop appeal and massive markups on cheaply constructed products with sub par quality output.

Oh, wait...

6. TheBeverage macrumors newbie

Just imagine Tim Cook feigning excitement about basketball for a moment.

7. 69Mustang macrumors 604

69Mustang

Because you're not looking at it from a business perspective. Cursory financial analysis would have you purchase Beats 10 times out of 10. Apple is, first and foremost, a business.
    --- Post Merged, May 16, 2017 ---
    Why would he feign excitement? Are you implying Cook couldn't be a sports fan or is this about basketball in particular?

8. JoEw macrumors 68000

JoEw

For the majority of people, $300 dollars is the most that will ever be spent on headphones.. Beats was a no brainer.

9. otternonsense, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017

otternonsense macrumors 65816

otternonsense

Yea, well, for the majority who isn't aware this trash costs $17 to make, sure.

I'm afraid my heavy-handed irony was still not clear enough.

10. 69Mustang macrumors 604

69Mustang

It just looked like the typical anti-Beats post. Nothing heavy-handed about it. Apologies if I misinterpreted what you meant. Chalk it up to Poe's Law.

11. otternonsense macrumors 65816

otternonsense

No worries. I do wish I had reasons to be more pro-Apple, pro-Beats and whatnot, but the constant letdowns have thrown me into an infinite loop of cynicism.

12. T Coma macrumors 6502

T Coma

And posting his follow up photo tweet.

basketball.jpg

13. MacFan23 macrumors 6502

Not sure if intentional or not...

14. JoEw macrumors 68000

JoEw

The markup on all headphones and speakers is ridiculous. That's why high end audio companies can sell such a small amount of units.

15. macpeach55 macrumors 6502

macpeach55

I see what you did there ;)