Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yodaxl7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
I am waiting for Apple to announce another get together. At this event, Apple would go over iphone os 4.0, refresh on imac line-up, preorders on iPad, and possibly, "one more thing". It could be a web cam.

I meant macbook pro. Maybe an accessory isight and iPad software that would allow video conference.

sjsharks13

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
I am waiting for Apple to announce another get together. At this event, Apple would go over iphone os 4.0, refresh on imac line-up, preorders on iPad, and possibly, "one more thing". It could be a web cam.

I find this post just to be a big bag of:

fail.jpg

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
It is likely that Apple will soon hold an OS 4.0 event as they have the last couple Marches. If that happens, I expect the "one more thing" will be a couple new software features for the iPad that we might not see until the summer. As for iMacs, doubt it. Check out the buyers guide at the top. MacBook Pro would be more likely (than iMac), but I don't believe that Apple has released any Mac hardware during the previous iPhone OS events, so I don't see that happening. An iPad iSight is REALLY pushing it. Next revision more likely. Don't get your hopes up. Apple usually doesn't go crazy with their events, especially iPhone OS ones. People are always disappointed because they expect the world. Your iMac likely won't get upgraded until June-August.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
It is likely that Apple will soon hold an OS 4.0 event as they have the last couple Marches. If that happens, I expect the "one more thing" will be a couple new software features for the iPad that we might not see until the summer. As for iMacs, doubt it. Check out the buyers guide at the top. MacBook Pro would be more likely (than iMac), but I don't believe that Apple has released any Mac hardware during the previous iPhone OS events, so I don't see that happening. An iPad iSight is REALLY pushing it. Next revision more likely. Don't get your hopes up. Apple usually doesn't go crazy with their events, especially iPhone OS ones. People are always disappointed because they expect the world. Your iMac likely won't get upgraded until June-August.

Apple may well have pared the A4's A8 chip down so that it can't take a built in camera. I don't see beyond bandwidth what's to stop someone designing a webcam that links through the 30 pin connector, or via wifi/BT (other than needing it's own power source).

WIll be an interesting OS announcement event

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
I wouldn't expect to see an iPhone OS 4.0 announcement till at least WWDC in June. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
I wouldn't expect to see an iPhone OS 4.0 announcement till at least WWDC in June. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

Just going by the last two years, they would release in June, but announce this month. The iPad might throw that off, but for the history of the iPhone OS, that's been the pattern.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
On one hand you would think they would announce OS 4.0 before the iPad comes out, so that people can see all of the new features that will eventually be available, perhaps persuading more people to buy one.

On the other hand, they might wait until after it goes on sale so that people don't wait to buy one until OS 4.0 comes out.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
On one hand you would think they would announce OS 4.0 before the iPad comes out, so that people can see all of the new features that will eventually be available, perhaps persuading more people to buy one.

On the other hand, they might wait until after it goes on sale so that people don't wait to buy one until OS 4.0 comes out.

A third possibility is that OS4.0 isn't ready yet due to work on the new iPad features in 3.2 and they will announce it as soon as it's ready.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.