Latest Generation iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by radesousa, Aug 19, 2010.

1. radesousa macrumors member

Does anyone know if the latest generation iMacs still have the 32GB limit for Windows partition? TIA

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

They shouldn't have. Many people use BC partitions much bigger than 32GB. I had a Windows partition, created via Boot Camp Assistant, with the size of 50GB. But I used a 2007 iMac for that.

Btw, your thread title is really un-descriptive.

To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

3. byron_hinson macrumors 6502

They haven't for the past 2-3 years from what I remember of setting my old and brand new one up

4. GyroFX macrumors 6502

i set mine for 100gigs. I did it through disk utilities. Reformat the partition to FAT and reformat it with your windows install disc to NTFS and you're good to go.

5. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

I thought 32GB was just the recommended size? I thought they said you can do anything you like so long as you leave enough for your Mac partition..

6. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

You're correct. If you are more than 32 GB for Windows partition, you just have to format it NTFS instead of FAT32. That's it.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/boot_camp_install-setup.pdf
    Page 13 has all the info.

7. drambuie macrumors 6502a

If you're installing Win 7, or Vista, NTFS has to be used, period. Neither of those OSs will install on a FAT32 partition. Win XP can be installed on a FAT32 partition.

8. rkahl macrumors 65816

Just get parallels, much easier and worth the money... Especially in coherence view.

9. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

Not if you need the full power of your hardware, i.e. for gaming. Though its still nice as an additional tool.