Latest & greatest options for personal finance software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CaptSaltyJack, Jan 9, 2011.

1. CaptSaltyJack macrumors 6502

This is still an area I feel the Mac is way way behind in compared to Windows.

I've tried many options and none I felt were that stellar: Cha Ching (now gone), MoneyWell, Money, iBank. iBank I stuck with the longest, actually, but it's really getting on my nerves because the interface is crappy in some spots. The programmers just have no clue about good user interface design, and it's frustrating as hell. Plus they don't listen to input.

This one caught my eye:
    http://www.squirrelapp.com/

If anyone has any other recommendations, I'm open. The app must have an iPhone counterpart for syncing, that's a must. Good, usable interface is also a must.

Thanks in advance.

2. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

There is no such thing as a quality mac personal finance (or small business accounting) app.

But other than the ones you mentioned, there's also MoneyDance and You Need a Budget. Both have iphone apps.

But I've searched through macupdate numerous times for these types of apps, and I assure you there is no quality solution. If automated OFX download is important to you, it may just be best to put up with iBank and its quirks. Just realize that iBank's password protection is not encryption...it can very easily be broken, thus negating the entire point of it. Don't know if that's important to you.

3. CaptSaltyJack thread starter macrumors 6502

I have to say, Squirrel is really QUITE impressive, even for an app that's still in beta. Check it out.