Latest I Pod Nano with a PowerBook G4

Discussion in 'macOS' started by WinterWonder, Dec 28, 2009.

1. WinterWonder macrumors newbie

I own a PowerBook G4 Version 10.3.9, 12 inch, 1.33 GHz 1.25 GB DDR, SD RAM, bought on 2004. I works great. Slowly but surely I have noticed that I cannot get a lot of downloads. Too old of an operating System. My husband just bought me a 16 gig I Pod Nano. I know that my computer will not support this I Pod what kind of update can I get so it will support it? My computer lingo is very limited. Please be kind.

2. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

The operating system 10.4 (Known as "Tiger) would work best for your PowerBook. (Instead of 10.3.9 which you currently have) It's on it's way to not being supported by a lot of programs, but it will allow your iPod Nano to work with it. You can find some used copies on eBay, but if you do, make sure you buy the retail version which was sold in stores, and not the grey restore discs that came with the computers themselves. (Perhaps someone can explain this a little better, but I tried.)

3. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Does Apple still sell them through Telesales? They used to.

4. WinterWonder thread starter macrumors newbie

Found in ebay

Does $189.00 for the upgrade seem fair to you guys? Where else could I look for one? Do any of you guys could direct me to other sources where I could get it? I looked in all the usual links. Thanks, again!!!:):):)

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

For what upgrade? To Tiger? If so, $189 is way too much - it only sold for $129 four years ago when it was first released.