Latest iFile (1.7.0.1) is buggy

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jpbl1976, Jun 2, 2012.

1. jpbl1976 macrumors newbie

jpbl1976

Folks, if you haven't upgraded to iFile v 1.7.0-1, please avoid upgrading for now pending a newer release.

As you can see from the developer's twitter account, several people (including myself) have issues with the registration of the device even though we've paid for it and can verify that on Cydia. That means that you can't use features like Dropbox or tabs because those are for registered (i.e. paid) user.

He's working with people to sort it out but it's probably best not to upgrade for now.

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

This is some kind of ssh program? They are plenty of free alternatives for this if it is.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Nope, iFIle works on the device itself

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

There is an alternative to iFile but I can't remember the name. But it's kind of like a lite version. IFile is a pretty robust application for accessing the entire file system from the phone's springboard and making changes. IFile, in a lot of cases, allows one to access the file system without having to use a computer with a program like winscp, iphone explorer, putty etc. but if you need a computer because you are transferring files, iFile has a built in server where you can connect via wifi and use your computer's Internet browser! It's sweet! IFile is a must have for me.

EDIT: Hopefully the dev figures out the registration bug because I can't use the DropBox feature. Its not an urgent issue for me but sooner than later I'd like to access Dropbox from iFile. Fantastic app!

5. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Having the same issue myself. I wish I hadn't updated..

6. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Same here. I wish there was a tweak that can restore previous versions of apps. :D

7. tateu macrumors 6502

I keep deb files of every version of everything I've ever installed on my phone and ipa files from iTunes installs, too, just in case I want or need to go back to old versions.

8. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

They fixed it! Try opening iFile now. I might start doing what tateu suggested. Seems like a good idea and easy enough if I can find where the deb files are :p

Where are the deb files stored? this sounds like a great idea. Any chance you have a link for Pages and Keynote that worked on pre 5.1? I updated to 5.1.1 and also updated those apps but I might be going back to 5.0.1 and I didn't save my ipa files.

9. tateu macrumors 6502

The deb files are downloaded and temporarily stored in /var/cache/apt/archives. They are automatically deleted at some point, I think when the phone is rebooted. After installing/upgrading new tweaks, while cydia is still open, usually when it says "restart springboard," I connect with iFunBox and copy the deb files to my computer.

No, I don't have links to old ipa files. That's the whole reason to save them from your own iTunes folder, they are already signed by Apple and approved for your iTunes account.

10. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Ok thanks for the help.

I didn't know App Store apps were signed individually for each iTunes account. So there's no way for me to get an older version from someone else and use it on my phone?

11. tateu macrumors 6502

No, you cannot use ipa files from someone else via any way that is legal.