iPad Latest iOS 10.1 OTA Update problem

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacHead84, Oct 24, 2016.

1. MacHead84 macrumors 6502

MacHead84

Today I tried to updated my iPad Air 2 via OTA to iOS 10.1 but it sucked at around 20% and now it keeps restarting continuously.
    Already tried the hold On/Off and Home buttons but that didn't work. What can I do to fix this?

Any help, please?

Thanks
    MacHead84

2. hyelton macrumors newbie

You'll need to restore in iTunes. Which wipes everything.

3. MacHead84 thread starter macrumors 6502

MacHead84

The problem is that it doesn't show up on iTunes because it's always restarting :(

4. vbctv macrumors 6502

vbctv

These are the reasons Ive moved on from the iPad Air 2 to the iPad pro 12.9
    I was having alot of issues with my iPad Air 2. Updates were taking a very long time, my iPhone was done for around 15-20 minutes and they would start at the same time. And then I would have to restart my Ipad Air 2 almost everyday, it was lagging and freezing on most apps. I think iOS 10 is too much for it to handle or Apple does it so we upgrade more often...

5. hyelton macrumors newbie

Well this iOS 10.1 update is also soft bricking iPhone 7s which is supposed to handle iOS 10 just fine lol. It soft bricked mine

6. hyelton macrumors newbie

That's because you need to be it into recovery mode. Just do a quick Google and it'll show you how too.

7. MacHead84 thread starter macrumors 6502

MacHead84

Thanks for the help. I almost thought I need it to bring to Apple. But recovery mode did the trick. :)

8. sparksd macrumors 6502a

Interesting. My experience with my Air 2 is completely the opposite of yours - no problems with updates, including 10.1 now; I rarely do a restart; and no lagging or freezing on any apps (and I have a ton of them on my 128GB device). Same goes for my wife's Air 2.