Latest iphone 3.0.1 update for ipod Touch too?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Froggy23, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Froggy23 macrumors newbie

I keep hearing about how iphone users should update their firmware to version 3.0.1. I have an ipod Touch. Knowing that the update fixes mainly the sms problem with the iphone recently I wondered if it applied to ipod touches too.

On trying to update it via itunes, I click on 'Check for Update' and it says mine is up to date on version 3.0 - is this correct or should I be able to update to 3.0.1?

Thanks. :)

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Patching the SMS flaw was the only change in 3.0.1, and as the iPod touch lacks that feature altogether there was no need for Apple to push through an update - 3.0 is still the latest version for the touch :)

3. rekoil macrumors newbie

The SMS vulnerability bugfix is the only change from 3.0 to 3.0.1. Since the iPod Touch doesn't do SMS, the update would be irrelevant. So, no 3.0.1 for the Touch.

4. Froggy23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks - and to you Ivan P - for your replies. I thought that was probably the case, so now know my update checker in itunes is working properly!
    :)

5. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

when will the 3.0.1 update come out for the iPod touch? does anyone know and sorry for thread jacking

6. pilotrtc macrumors regular

...or will the next update include useful items for the iPod Touch?

7. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

3.0 was really useful. i love the landscape keyboards

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

The next big update will be 3.1, it's currently in Beta with the devs. I've not seen anywhere specifically saying September release but that's what I've been hearing. It makes sense to do September release as it will probably be the OS running out of the box on the 3G iPod touch.

9. iphonefreakz macrumors member

iphonefreakz

3.0.1 is for the iphone only :) So u cant update your ipod.

10. jrdnkasparek macrumors newbie

i think they should release 3.1 to people so that the bugs will be taken cared of in 3.0 because 3.0 is driving me crazy with all the wifi problems and battery life shortage and other known bugs like slow preformance. then release ipod touch 3g with 3.0 so people can get 3.1 for free(tell about 3.1 on the touch 3g box so people know to upgrade for better preformance)
    then everybodys satisfied.:D