latest Iphone 3G's demonstrate better build quality?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Psyxologos, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Psyxologos macrumors regular

I am asking this because I have two friends, one of them bought his 3G on launch day and the other just yesterday. The latter's iphone seems to have better reception and looks generally more sturdy.

Anyone with a similar/contrasting experience?

2. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

I have nothing to compare to, but I picked one up a few days ago, only had limited use...

- A single dead pixel that's extremely annoying
    - Had my first call drop on my #5th call
    - Had extremely poor reception on several occasions

Battery Life seems pathetic, but my BlackBerry had about the same so I'm not too concerned and it does get recharged every night.

3. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

My wife and i both have 16g mine is black hers white and they have been nothing but great. Bought a month apart.

4. Spongey817 macrumors regular

I bought mine on launch day and haven't had a single issue whatsoever when it comes to build quality.

I feel as if half of the complaints that deal with the physical build are based mainly on opinion, not fact. Just because a phone may feel as if it has "better build quality" does not necessarily mean it does. It could be all in one's head.

In the end, I don't think you're going to find any major differences in terms of build quality.

5. sh0ckerturb0 macrumors member

sh0ckerturb0

i have been wondering the same thing. i bought my 3g the first week they were released and it has horrible light leak. i have decided to wait a few months so i don't go in and exchange it to get one with more light leak or a cracked plastic casing or something

6. Reiger macrumors regular

I agree. I started with a week 27 iPhone and I returned it to be repaired, it was replaced by a week 33. It has much better reception, no longer the issue of switching between 3G and GPRS and the overal build quality is much much better :)

7. Psyxologos thread starter macrumors regular

This is quite encouraging guys. Thanks for sharing. I am hoping to pick one up soon, so I am very ambitious that latest iphones have been made with less haste and greater attention. I mean, we all know that first few weeks after launch were hectic, so maybe apple was trying to meet demand and inevitably something had to give. That seems in some cases to be the quality of the build.

8. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

My first iPhone (bought at the end of July) had a bad battery and I got it swapped out for another new iPhone a few weeks later. I don't notice any other differences besides the better battery on the replacement.