Latest Itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sulten, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Sulten macrumors regular

Sulten

when i open iTunes i have a set of folders that are labeled
    Alternative
    80's
    My top rated
    and etc

I have moved some songs from my windows PC to my MBA and would like to add songs to that set folder iTunes has labeled on the left but when i drag them to the folder it doesn't add them. some songs are already there i guess how the file was labeled or etc. how do i add songs to that folder that already has songs or do i have to create a folder and playlist

2. McScooby macrumors 6502

goto file > library & export playlist on windows pc & then add that to the library of the MBA iTunes I believe.

3. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

If there's a gear icon to the right of the list name, those are Smart Playlists - they populate automatically, based on the metadata associated with each song (artist, genre, last played, etc.).

You can create your own Smart Playlists, too, with criteria you choose.

You can edit the metadata (add additional info, reassign genres, etc.). Just "Get Info" - right-click/control-click on an album or song and select Get Info.

You'll find the "Smart" concept in a number of Mac apps, including Mail and Photos/iPhoto/Aperture.

4. Sulten thread starter macrumors regular

Sulten

thank you everyone i figures it out how to get the songs to the gear or smart playlist so i double clicked and then did edit criteria then for the year of songs or Rock / alternative or etc. then i went to the song in iTunes and double clicked that and did get info. then i change the info to alternative and it put the song in the alternative gear or smart playlist. thanks everyone