Latest Leopard update problems?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Koreos, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Koreos macrumors member

Hello everyone,

I recently updated my Leopard white MacBook to the latest available patch.

Well, since then it seems like my home wifi settings don't get "remembered"; I have to enter the SSID and password every time I open my laptop. I also check the "remember" checkbox, and if I go to the wifi advanced settings IT IS there. But whenever I close my MacBook and open it again (regardless if it's 5 minutes or a whole day), I will have to input those settings again.

Anybody with the same problem, or know of a fix?

Thank you!

2. basic.works macrumors newbie

gone hay wire

Though mild and slightly annoying, your problem bares some similarity to mine. Except mine is on a wider scale. My Safari is not retaining ANY usernames and password, what ever changes I make to my dock, folder settings gets reset when next I log in. My iCal won't allow me to edit an event. It appears as I do until I'm done and then it creates a whole new event. When I try to delete it, it disappears for a few second and reappears. My Stickies won't save anything. The moment I quit the app the info is lost. This problem, as it turns out, is not in my user account strictly. I logged on to my admin account and delete my other one. As a precaution, I thought I should restart the machine before creating another account. Because of this, I opted to keep my System Preferences on the dock and when I logged back in, sire enough, it had disappeared. I tested the Stickies and iCal and... you got it... same damned thing.

If you should get an insight as to the cause of your problem, perhaps it could lead me down the recovery path.

Oh yeah!! I forgot to mention... my problems started right after I installed the latest software and security updates last week, or when ever it was.

should anyone have advise for the person who started this thread, it may help me too. Who knows!

Mike RL