Latest LockInfo update conflicting with BiteSMS and stock SMS apps

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KentuckyHouse, Nov 27, 2010.

1. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I noticed earlier today that I had an update to LockInfo in Cydia. I read through it and everything seemed fine to upgrade, so I did. Then I started noticing that I wasn't getting notifications of new text messages.

I normally use BiteSMS, so I turned it off and asked someone to send me a text while I was using the stock SMS app. Same result...no notification (audible or pop-up...I was getting the status bar notifications, though).

I had a bunch of changes in Cydia when I checked earlier, so I started thinking about which ones I'd done and remembered that one was LockInfo. I decided to uninstall it through Cydia and when I resprang the phone, everything was working perfectly again, both with the stock SMS app and BiteSMS.

I'm not sure why it's doing this. I've been using LockInfo and BiteSMS together for a long time, but now there seems to be a conflict.

I thought someone else might be having the same issue and this would help.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

For the records, I don't think LockInfo is the issue, I am running the latest version and my BiteSMS works as always.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I have been getting texts all day, (I updated yesterday), and have no issues either.

What else did you change?

4. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

OP, do you have Shrink installed on your iPhone?

5. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Actually, I do have Shrink installed. I thought I remembered there was some sort of conflict between it and LockInfo (or Bite, can't remember which one), but I'd never seen this bug until now.

Hmm...if that's the culprit, I wonder why everything started working again when I uninstalled LockInfo? I've still got Shrink installed, but the conflict isn't there now.

r.j.s...I had a few updates. iBlacklist was one...libstatusbar...Typophone Weather. That's off the top of my head, in addition to LockInfo.

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Actually, I'm starting to think it might be shrink.

7. KentuckyHouse, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2010

KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Now that it's been mentioned, I'm gonna remove Shrink, reinstall LockInfo, and see if the conflict reappears.

I'll report back with the results.

EDIT:

Yep, r.j.s, I think that was it. I reinstalled LockInfo and removed Shrink and I'm getting SMS notifications again. It's just weird how that conflict never showed up until today when I updated LockInfo (but obviously, that wasn't the problem).

Mods, if you want you can lock/close this thread. Thanks for the help everyone.