Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tpau6946

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Just purchased a Mac Book Pro OS X Jaguar. I'm having a problem connecting to work via cisco vpn darwin.x. My system admin thinks it's a laptop issue. I've been reading some on the internet, but not much on Jaguar as yet.

I've seen articles that talk about the latest updates which I believe where done on the laptop. Does anyone have any ideas or advise.

I have all the correct info and accounts for vpn to my network and software installed and running but it fails to connect.

Thanks. :eek:

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
Macs are designed to be used with the version of osx that came with it or after it, not with older versions as they lack drivers etc, that could be your problem, unless you mean leopard as above?

wh!plash

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2008
Sarasota, Fl
He could also mean that he bought a Powerbook G4 w/Jaguar

Yeah, i know. But i still have people going around our company calling the Macbook Pro a 'TiBook'. :rolleyes:

tpau6946

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Thanks for the correction. The OS is Leopard; my mistake.

It is the latest Mac Book Pro with the Core 2 Duo processor.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Is the VPN client you are using Intel-native and Leopard-compatible? If it is, then this won't be a problem. If not, you may see issues such as...
  • Being forced to run applications in Rosetta in order to work with them inside your VPN
  • Connection instability/failures

timimbo85

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
Chicago
Just purchased a Mac Book Pro OS X Jaguar. I'm having a problem connecting to work via cisco vpn darwin.x. My system admin thinks it's a laptop issue. I've been reading some on the internet, but not much on Jaguar as yet.

I've seen articles that talk about the latest updates which I believe where done on the laptop. Does anyone have any ideas or advise.

I have all the correct info and accounts for vpn to my network and software installed and running but it fails to connect.

Thanks. :eek:

hahaha I can just picture/ hear it.... When you start your new version of Jaguar the apple comes up and the roar of sex panther comes out.... I would pay to have something like that...hahah funny as hell

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
hahaha I can just picture/ hear it.... When you start your new version of Jaguar the apple comes up and the roar of sex panther comes out.... I would pay to have something like that...hahah funny as hell

I am going to go out on a limb and say you aren't aware that there was actually a Mac OSX Jaguar??? Because if you did know that it wouldn't be funny...

i think leopard does not support VPN yet. Am i right?

No, that's not correct. ;)

To the OP, try a different version of the Cisco VPN client. We use Cisco at my University and when Leopard first came out there were a lot of problems finding a version of the client that worked. The one I am using now is version 4.9.01 (0100).

timimbo85

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
Chicago
I am going to go out on a limb and say you aren't aware that there was actually a Mac OSX Jaguar??? Because if you did know that it wouldn't be funny...

No, that's not correct. ;)

To the OP, try a different version of the Cisco VPN client. We use Cisco at my University and when Leopard first came out there were a lot of problems finding a version of the client that worked. The one I am using now is version 4.9.01 (0100).

I am aware, but it would still be funny if there was a new version and thats how it started.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.