Latest Mac Mini that runs Lion without hack?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by GameGuru38, Aug 19, 2016.

1. GameGuru38 macrumors regular

GameGuru38

I know this is a weird question but I do have a reason. Currently I have a 2007 Mac Mini that is stuck at Lion and I am attempting to see (and I am blogging about it) if Lion is completely workable in 2016 for everything you need to get done. I am having fun doing this but I do wish my Mac Mini had a little more oompf. It is already maxed out on RAM and has an SSD so I think I need to just move up to a faster Mac Mini that can still install Lion natively. What was the last Mac Mini that shipped with Lion?

2. Gloomy macrumors newbie

Gloomy

3. GameGuru38 thread starter macrumors regular

GameGuru38

Ok I found it out I believe, looks like 2011 was the last year it shipped with Lion so I can run it natively on there it looks like. I think I am going to go with the i5 2.5GHz over the i7 server because of the better video chip, roughly twice as powerful but only half the cores. In the log run I think two cores with a better video chip will do me better for what i do.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 19, 2016 ---
    Doh thanks, I knew I should have refreshed before finishing my post. Thanks for the info, yeah that is the site I used. Good site!