Latest Mac update has broke my MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JackNeedsHelp, Feb 18, 2012.

1. JackNeedsHelp macrumors newbie

Hello, last night I updated my MacBook to the latest update, I did this so I could download the latest mountain lion beta. After the install for the update finished it had to reboot, so of corse I let it restart, and now every time I try to turn it on it stays on the white screen with the apple logo and the spinning dial. The main problem is that it does not do anything, the dial spins and spins for hours!

I took it to apple and they could not fix it for free, and this is all their fault for breaking my MacBook, so if you have any ideas I would love to hear them!

Also I have tryed cmd+v+power and it goes to the configuration black/white thing, I do not know what to do from their?

Please help, thanks

-Jack

2. simsaladimbamba

What update?
    You probably did not acquire OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion via a developer account?
    Have you tried any of these steps?

Why is it Apple's fault? You didn't do a backup as it seems and updated your OS to a developer preview, and it seems, you are not a developer.

Again, see the steps above.

3. iforbes macrumors 6502

I think he is referring to the 10.7.3 update and not the Mountain Lion update?

4. simsaladimbamba

That is what I want to know, but it will probably not help anyway.
    Btw, is 10.7.3 even needed for installing 10.8?

5. thundersteele macrumors 68030

I installed ML over SL on my old 2008 MBP. No problems (but a bit slow of course).

@OP
    You should try to reinstall your original OS, either using install discs that came with your MBP, or using internet recovery if your MBP came with Lion originally.