Latest Macbook Pro benchmarks?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MrPeanut, Jun 26, 2009.

1. MrPeanut macrumors regular

Are there any sites that have done benchmarks for all the different versions of Macbook Pros? I'm interested how much of a difference the 2.53, 2.66, 2.8 and 3.0 ghz processors make.

Thanks,

I searched to see if anything had already been posted before like this, i didnt see anything so i apologise if its already been asked.

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I'm unsure as to specifics, but the increase in clock rate will only be realized in situations where you are encoding heavily.

3. MrPeanut thread starter macrumors regular

I totally agree with what your saying, the part of my brain that desires the very latest macbook doesnt though. I think i'm going to have to just realise that the small increase doesnt really make a difference.

4. friareunuch macrumors member

i'm kind of a spec whore too, OP, so i know where you're coming from. i think the 3.06 is stupid, so i'm getting the 2.8 and spending that $300 on an intel x25. that gets me the upgraded graphics for CS4, and plenty of RAM/processing power to run PT8.

I'm gonna wait to make the jump to 8gb RAM, though, because $600 bucks for the two 4gb sticks is just absurd (that's on newegg - $1k on apple!).

hope this helps.