Latest macOS Beta Fixed my Battery Issues!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chriscrowlee, Jan 12, 2017.

1. chriscrowlee Suspended

chriscrowlee

Not sure if this is the right place or if the macOS forum is, but the latest beta (beta 3 and 4) fixed my battery issue. I was getting 5-6 hours at most, and now a quick analysis looks like I'm getting about 8-11 hours even under medium load.

Just a heads up... since the beta programme is free, anyone can join, might be worth your while.

2. fokmik macrumors 65816

3. bohrsatom macrumors member

4. Clint_Barton macrumors 6502

What model/spec is your computer?

5. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Everyone should have a signature that describes their system well enough so anyone can tell what they have.

6. chriscrowlee thread starter Suspended

chriscrowlee

The 13" "Ultimate" (i7 3.3, 16gb, 512gb)

7. leman macrumors 604

I only got my MBP last week, so I've been using 10.12.2 from the start and consistently getting very good battery performance.

8. Fluxvol macrumors newbie

It fixes it somewhat, I concur. But I still can't achieve 9 hours like some with medium usage leading me to believe there are still either A) hardware QC issues B)further software tweaks needed.

This is on the base 15in tbMBP.

Step in the right direction but maybe a little late for some of us as our return dates have either come and gone, or fast approaching.

You saying 4 made me realize they have released more updates. Did you try 3 and see improvement like I have and 4 is even better? I need to find the update notes for 4.

9. bohrsatom macrumors member

I have the 13" 16Gb / 1TB SSD, just installed beta4 so here's hoping for some battery improvements.

So far the battery has gone down 5% in 20 minutes but looks like there's been some spotlight reindexing so will run it down and see what happens.

10. colbyjohn94 macrumors newbie

Can confirm. As I'm typing this, coconut battery is telling me I still have 12 hours and 43 mins remaining and I'm on 79% with 4 tabs open. The beta 100% fixed my battery issues.

I have a 13" tbMBP btw.

11. Fluxvol macrumors newbie

Release 3 or release 4 of 10.12.3? I ask because my 15in only estimated 11 at best after I updated and had full charge. I know estimates mean squat but you need to report back with actual screen time. You will see very strange peaks and valleys in the estimates without such change in your usage (not dGPU related). FYI I am running coconut and battery health 2.

12. bohrsatom macrumors member

No big improvement for me - 75% to 22% in 2hrs 36 so a little over 5hrs for an entire battery.

I don't understand how the CR tests could give such variance, I have consistently got 5hrs of browsing on a full charge since day 1. So this machine is going to be replaced, hopefully #2 will be better

13. marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

Agree, there are too many posts without the required info.
    m

14. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

But it was JUST a developer setting in Safari causing battery issues

:rolleyes: