Latest MacSpeech - Any Good?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bazzy, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Bazzy macrumors regular

Hi All,

Is it now worth getting Macspeech now that they are on V1.5? I know it was riddled with issues earlier and I have not bothered since but was hoping they might have sorted all the problems out by now. I want to make sure it is as good as it was made out to be as it is not exactly cheap and what worries me is that I hear Macspeech support sucks which still leaves me a little cautious!

Anyone here use the latest Macspeech and what are your thoughts about it?

Bazzy!

2. eldervovichka macrumors regular

This is something that I would like to know as well. Does any have any opinions about Macspeech?

Jeff

3. BillyJ macrumors newbie

yeah, pretty good

Works great for me. If you can type really well, there's not much point, although I started using it because my wrists ache. You will need to spend more than 5 minutes training it. And RTFM, of course. It's very long and very helpful.

MacSpeech support doesn't suck. It just takes a long time on hold. Maybe I'm just accepting of that these days, but how many Mac developers even offer phone support?

4. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I have had MacSpeech for about a month. Overall i am pleased, the recognition is excellent with very little training involved. Be aware though that it does crash and fairly often. Rarely does a session go by without at least once crash where it is necessary to restart the application. I use it almost exclusively with Word, so I am not sure if this situation exists with other applications.

In another thread, someone mentioned that turning off the autospell/grammar check in Word helps the crashing.