Latest MBP Rumors

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TeddyLeroux, Dec 31, 2009.

1. TeddyLeroux macrumors member

I am in the market for a Macbook Pro and I have been following the rumors( Jan 26 event, i5 and i7 processors) but I was wondering what the price could be and could the 15 inch get a 1080p display... jw... any feedback would be appreciated:apple::apple::apple:

2. mac-matt macrumors member

who knows

if you've really been following then you would no that nobody knows. the jan 26 event is most likely going to be 100% directed to the tablet. they wouldnt try to steal the limelight away from it with any major macbook updates. if there is an update odds are it'll be a silent one with maybe just an upgrade in the ghz column. other than that dont expect too much. screen sounds doubtful because that would be a major upgrade. any upgrade would probably not be that noticeable for everyday computing needs (internet, email, so on). the prive would most likely stay the same just the base would become the 2.53 instead of the 2.26. better off looking at a refurb unless you wanna keep on waiting for nothing set in stone.

3. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

I agree that the MBP updates will likely be silent and minor. Perhaps the 17" might get an i5 announcement with a spring ship date.

I do not expect new 16:9 screens either because it is a major redesign, and the panels in all of the MBPs are still fairly new and quite good for laptops.

Do not even dream about a quad in the 13," just don't even think about it. Expect a CPU bump and perhaps a newer GPU.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

you could also search the multiple posts on the forum using mroogle. this question gets asked every day.

5. TeddyLeroux thread starter macrumors member

I want to do video editing mostly... so i want a better GPU... i hope the low end 15 inch is a 3.06 core 2 duo and the two higher ones are i5 and i7 and the 17 inch is i7:apple::apple: