Latest MobileNotifier > iOS 5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Speedracer04, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm not sure what you guys think, but from what I saw yesterday the lastest build of MobileNotifier with quick reply seriously kicks iOS 5's notifications butt. Maybe I will be surprised with the lockscreen implementation but the combo of Lockinfo and MobileNotifer seems exceptional. What do you guys think?

Quick reply from the notification banner is definitely a killer feature.

2. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

I would love for iOS5 to have quick reply and quick compose.

3. Speedracer04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Who knows, maybe they will sneak it in before the release this fall now that they've hired Peter Hajas (mobilenotifier dev). **crosses fingers**

4. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I sure hope you're right. The quick reply feature will be the only thing that will completely hold me back if it's not in the final build of iOS5.

I use biteSMS myself and love it. I've actually tried mobilenotifier, but I think I've used bite for so long that I was a little overwhelmed with the differences and didn't give it as much of a chance as I should've. I may have to give it a go again just to see what I'm missing. :D

5. DIMEZ macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

I cant get mobilE notifier to work with lockinfo.

6. Speedracer04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

What issues are you having? I never have...wierd.

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I have lockinfo and when i tried mobilenotifyer it never gave that banner notification, is that because it only shows the banner if your phone is unlocked when the notification comes in? or was lockinfo blocking it like a pop-up?

8. Almeuit macrumors regular

biteSMS is just super pro. They will have to copy that before I upgrade.

9. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Is there any way to get mobilenotifier to display emails in the lockscreen without using lockinfo? Dont know if I'm missing something..... Also which is the latest release? and is it on Peter's repo?

10. The Tos macrumors 6502a

It is on his repo yes. The latest is 0.5.0-120.

11. Speedracer04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

The banner only shows up when your phone is unlocked...which is how I would expect it to work. Otherwise the notification gets picked up from Lockinfo on the lockscreen.

The version of MobileNotifier I have is 0.5.0-120

12. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

thanks for your reply, so can you still use popblocker to block notification popups or will that block mobile notifyer as well?

13. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Ok thats the same one I have. Is there a way to have it list emails in the lockscreen without using lockinfo? or at least show that you have emails and possibly a count

14. bern43 macrumors member

Lockinfo for the lockscreen with BiteSMS quickreply, MobileNotifier for the homescreen with MobileNotifier quick reply and BiteSMS quick compose. And BiteSMS for all your other SMS. That's the combo I'm using, and it's working great. Gives you the best of all worlds. There's a few guides floating around on how to get them to play nice with each other.

15. The Tos macrumors 6502a

I have the exact same setup working. Except i am getting multiple vibrations(more than the standard two) when i receive a text when the phone is unlocked...... any idea how to correct?

16. jared52 macrumors member

I tried Mobilenotifier but it didn't work with iRealSMS so I deleted it. It killed all notifications when both were installed (except the iRealSMS notifications, they worked but other push notifications never came through). Tried running just Mobilenotifier and it worked for text messages but I never got any other notifications (but it might be that in the 30 min I was using it, I didn't have any come through).

17. The Tos macrumors 6502a

I cannot get mobilebnotifier to clear the notifications from bitesms after i quickreply to a message. Any solutions?

18. ctbear macrumors 6502a

The thing about MobileNotifier is that it never works for me. Never caught any notifications. Not even once.
    I'm not sure what's the problem here. At first I thought it was a conflict with Lockinfo so I tried it on my girlfriend's recently JB'ed iPhone. Same result.

19. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

20. LMD75 macrumors 6502

This feature is not yet added but I have requested it at the Developer's github. As a workaround you can install Mail Enhancer from Cydia and enable popups. Mail Enhancer can also read aloud sender info, you can create custom signatures and have different alert sounds.

With this installed MobileNotifer will display incoming email messages as notifications. You do not require Lockinfo but in my opinion Lockinfo with MobileNotifier is the best setup for me. I.e. Disable MobileNotifier's lockscreen mode and just use it for popups /quick reply.

21. The Tos macrumors 6502a

I believe if you download mailenhancer you can get emails to work on the lockscreen with mobilenotifier.

22. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Yep...if I'm quoting myself, you know something's amiss...lol.

I followed this tutorial to the T, but it didn't work for me. I never could get MobileNotifier to display any alerts on the springboard. In fact, the only part I could get to work was the tray that pops up when you double-click the home button.

I've gone back to LockInfo in conjunction with biteSMS. It's always worked perfectly for me, I just thought I'd try something new.

23. The Tos macrumors 6502a

i enjoy the lockinfo+bitesms setup as well. I think it works the best.