Latest (non-Pro) Macbook WoW benchmarks?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by CptnJustc, Jun 8, 2007.

1. CptnJustc macrumors 6502

Looking into a new Macbook, wondering what kind of framerates people are getting with the latest post-speed-bump models. Anyone have any results yet? :D

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I saw an article today (forgot the link sorry) comparing the new MacBook Pro with other mac models in games performance, and I recall seeing a MacBook used in 2 tests, where it scored at about 5FPS or lower, with 3GB of RAM installed (apparently 256MB allocated on the windows side).

The results will be floating around the web, check them out, it uses the same integrated graphics as the previous generation and so is absolutely not worth it for games, other things are fine though.

3. CptnJustc thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm, well, sounds kind of suspicious, since I know my 1.66 Core Duo Mini gets 10-15 fps. They probably had some nice-but-unnecessary options turned on that are particularly hard on the integrated graphics.

4. Skrilla™ macrumors regular

WoW is awful on MB, I want to get rid of my MB for that reason only. When I bought my MB I didn't play WoW - that all changed about 2 months ago ;)