Latest on MiWi on 3G iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by romeo.xk, Nov 21, 2011.

1. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Mar 26, 2009
    Yes, I did a search!!!

So, what is the latest on this? I do have 2 iPads, and unlimited service on one of them, I will be going on a road trip and was thinking on installing it, so I could share my connection with the other iPad, and maybe my MacBook Air, while on the way (No, I will not e online while driving, only while my wife drives and I rest, and she would use it while I drive).

So, how safe is it to use MiWi on the ipad now? Most likely I will only use if while away for 2 weeks...
  2. KevinC867 macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    What do you mean by "safe"? Are you concerned about your tethering being noticed by your carrier, or are you worried about your device continuing to operate properly?

I have been using MyWi for quite a while on both my iPhone 4 and my iPad (1). Both devices have been very stable. I recently upgraded both devices to a (semi)tethered iOS 5 jailbreak and MyWi continues to operate well in WiFi mode, but I have been having problems getting the devices to connect in OnDemand mode via Bluetooth. However, this is looking more like an iOS Bluetooth issue than a MyWi issue.

Regarding carrier issues - I have never had a problem. However, my tethering bandwidth is pretty low. (I usually stay within the 200 MB limit of the cheapest iPhone data plan.) When I'm outside the US, I buy a local SIM for my iPad and do a *lot* of tethering to my laptop and other iDevices. I've never had a problem with that either.
  3. romeo.xk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mar 26, 2009
    My main concern is with ATT taking away my unlimited plan on my iPad :confused: