Latest OS X/ATV update AirPlay lag

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by cynics, Oct 26, 2014.

1. cynics macrumors G4

Set up is an ATV3, AirPort Extreme, Late 2013 iMac.

I constantly AirPlay my mac onto my living room TV. Up until now its been perfect, worked so well I had a feeling an update would eventually mess it up.

However since updating to Yosemite and/or the latest version on ATV I get 30 seconds of stuttering every few minutes. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, sometimes I'll see it in videos which is very obvious or when I'm typing something like this in Safari.

iMac is connected to the AirPort via wireless AC with a transmission rate of ~600mbps, ATV is connected to the AirPort Extreme via cat5e ethernet. I have tried using the ATV via and the issue is still there.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions or maybe educated guesses of things to try?

Thanks in advance.

2. tbn002 macrumors newbie

Yes, I have been getting lots of stuttering (both audio and visual) using Airplay mirroring from my retina Macbook pro (mid 2014) to ATV3 since updating to Yosemite and 7.0.1. Home sharing via itunes works just fine though. I'm extremely frustrated.

3. Laserducky macrumors regular

Laserducky

If I get stuttering, I disconnect from the Apple TV in my imac, reconnect and this generally does the trick.

4. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

5. Harry Muff macrumors regular

I was streaming music from my iPhone to my ATV3 yesterday, and every other song started twice i.e. It played the first couple of seconds and then started again.

Brand new ATV3 with 7.0.1, iPhone 5s with iOS 8.1.

Irritating...

6. adyf macrumors newbie

Just wondered if anyone anyone had any further information on this issue. It's the same for me with updated software, OS X Yosemite and Apple TV 7.02. Seems like a Yosemite issue as airplay works fine through my iPad.

I've read elsewhere about turning bluetooth off before connecting to airplay but that doesn't work for me.

7. ryanellis macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, mbpr 15... It's killing me!! Any resolutions yet?