Latest OS X Security Update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bigboy99, Apr 22, 2007.

1. bigboy99 macrumors 6502

I installed the latest security update and now all of my Firefox History has dissappeared. Has anyone else experienced unexpected behavior after installing this patch?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Apple security updates have absolutely nothing to do with Firefox--not history files, not bookmarks, not nothing. At worst, losing your history files was a coincidence.

3. Celeron macrumors 6502a

No problems here. Never had any issues on my 12'' rev B Powerbook. I've installed every single update, single 10.3.2 (that's what it came with) and never had a single issue.

4. novagamer macrumors member

I installed the latest security update this morning (after I installed all updates last night, strange that this one waited). And it made my Mac Pro kernel panic 3 times straight from boot into OSX. I've since gotten it to load into OSX and I promptly reparied permissoins but shockingly it didn't find anything out of the ordinary. Hopefully this doesn't happen again.:confused:

5. bigboy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Co-inkydink, for sure. I've always installed OS updates and patches troublefree, and wondered if someone else may have experienced same issue. Isn't the history stored in a cache that could be dumped with an update?

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Firefox history files are not system files. They are controlled by Firefox. However, they do have a time limit. If you had your date and time set incorrectly prior to your OS update, then your history files may have been deleted when you launched Firefox.