Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shaun.P

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
Omicron Persei 8
Did anyone notice when when they upgraded their phone to the latest iOS 9 public beta that they lost the connection with their Apple Watch? I ultimately had to put the watch back to its factory settings to set it up again and was wondering if it was due to the update or problems with my watch.

justinthesommer

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2014
United States
Did anyone notice when when they upgraded their phone to the latest iOS 9 public beta that they lost the connection with their Apple Watch? I ultimately had to put the watch back to its factory settings to set it up again and was wondering if it was due to the update or problems with my watch.
I also lost connection so I restarted my watch and still no connection, but after I restarted my iPhone 5 it connected again. Hope this helps

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

Mine was fine.

Reactions: iphonehype

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
I haven't had that issue with my watch and the public betas. With PB 1 & 2 I was having issues with trying to make phone calls on the watch, and they are handed off to the phone immediately. I am not having this issue with PB 3.

Mad4clay

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2013
Minnesota

I just bought my Apple Watch yesterday and had opted to have it set up there before I left MOA's Apple store and it wouldn't work at all. It took me a bit to remember that I was on beta and that that would cause an issue on set up. Because the Apple staff are not allowed to know anything about the new IOS, they could not get it to work. I almost didn't take it home and was going to return it. However, they suggested I try the new IOS2 at home, since it looked like to them that I had access to it. We discovered when I got home that I did not have access to the beta for the Apple watch. So my clever daughter went in search of answers on how to make the watch synch with my iphone. Three items had to be turned off. Find my iphone, imessages and icloud. We did that and it connected right away. Woohoo!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.