Latest Safari + Latest Leopard + 2 machines = same glitch (pic)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zakatov, Nov 23, 2007.

1. zakatov macrumors 6502a

zakatov

OK, so here's what I've got: when I restore a Safari (3.0.4) window, it comes out looking like in the screenshot (notice the bookmark bar and tab bar), then when it's expanded all the way, ~.5 seconds later, the window redraws (with an ugly flash), and then it's normal again.

This is happening on two(!) completely separate machines: PMG5 and a CD MBP. No other app suffers from this

Anyone seen this or has any ideas on how to fix this?

(tried permissions and new user)

[​IMG]

2. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

Are both machines exactly the same? Safari does not do this for me. (I don't seem to be seeing it anyway)

3. zakatov thread starter macrumors 6502a

zakatov

No, that's the weird part, one's a G5 PM, the other a CD MBP. It's not in the user folder, as switching to a diff user doesn't fix it, and I actually did an archive and install on the G5, and that didn't fix it either... wtf, the problem must be in /HD/Library, because that's the only thing not touched by both a new user and an archive/install, and I'm not reformatting for this.

4. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Stop maximizing while holding shift! LOL. I can see the same effect on my MP if I do the slow-mo thing, but the normal animation happens so quickly that I never would have noticed it (that, and I never minimize windows anyway). I don't see the window redraw with an ugly flash however, the gradient texture just sorta pops into place.

5. zakatov thread starter macrumors 6502a

zakatov

That's the thing tho, the colors stay like that when it's done maximizing, and THEN, when it redraws the window, it's all the same color. It's the maximize, wait, flash, redraw cycle that bothers me.