latest screens....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DuffBP, Jan 22, 2008.

1. DuffBP macrumors member

tomorrow morning im gonna buy touch...are that negative black and stuck/dead pixels issues still around?

2. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Nope

No, they aren't, at least I haven't heard of any for a very long time. I got mine a few days ago, and when I compared it to my cousin's iPhone, it was actually brighter, although it showed a lot more white than the iPhone...
    The iPhone screen looked slightly yellow. :)

3. DerKommissar macrumors newbie

Recently bought a week 01 screen with the new software preloaded, and I've got one dead or (or stuck white- hard to tell) pixel center left, but no negative black issues. Interface looks sharp, but the screen is not the best off angle. I don't think that's anything new, however. Stuck pixel is only noticeable during dark scenes in videos. thought about bringing it back, but honestly, might I just get one with more? Silly, since I've got a 24 inch iMac with no bad pixels at all...what kind of bargain basement screens are they using here?

4. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

5. iBLAKEE macrumors 6502

6. Dikkers macrumors member

cripes! get someone else to test that if you happen to be prone to seizures

7. DuffBP thread starter macrumors member

how can i find out what week ipod is using serial number on the box?

8. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

That page was made to fix your itouch's stuck pixels, dummy. I have read around the forum and a lot of people seem to happy with it. I forgot to warn that if you love stuck pixels more than a usual clear touch screen, don't try it. Oops.

9. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

The 4th and 5th degits tell you what week it is. :)

10. DuffBP thread starter macrumors member

thank you very much :)

11. DuffBP thread starter macrumors member

i bought it. it is week 47 :( ,and it isnt bad...i tested screen (problems with black etc) and it passed all tests....i got 2 stuck pixels...one is bigger,2 pixels stuck together i guess (not that big) in the corner and another one,very small in the middle,about 0.5 cm next to the right side of the screen....i dont know,should i return it,or keep it? others 2 touches left in the store are week 47 and 45...they wont get another devices in about 3 months