Latest Trillian update: no badges, and iffy notifications

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LapsangSouchong, Jun 13, 2011.

1. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Is anyone else (who uses trillian on IOS 4.3.3) noticing any glitches with push and notifications? Sometimes they work, sometimes not. And for me, badges don't work at all.

I'll contact them, but just wonder if others have noticed the same.

2. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

There is a thread about this on the Trillian forums too, it appears to be a widespread issue.

3. LapsangSouchong thread starter macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

THANKS! Have a link handy? I was just going hunting for their forums. Thanks again!

4. LapsangSouchong thread starter macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

5. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Push is failing for me. And this is not the first time there is a Trillian bug.

Of the free iOS multi IM Trillian is my favorite. I also like Meebo but for some reason msn avatars don't show. Plus the Trillian clod history rocks. If it weren't for these two things I would switch to Meebo that seems more stable.

6. LapsangSouchong thread starter macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I've tried them all, but always return to Trillian.

7. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

There have been no update to the app. But push notifications and badges started to work again for me :D. Probably the bug was server side.

8. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

On the PC trillian turned into bloatware and became a mess, wouldn't surprise me if the iOS devs caught some of that. I used the thing for years and was sorry to see it go.

Now I use IM+ pro and pidgin.

9. kicko macrumors 65816

Thats funny, i thought that was some trillian magic that prevented flooding IM's. I have been using trillian because it syncs with the desktop version. Out of the free apps i think Meebo is the best.

I wish more DEVS that make desktop apps also to have them sync with the phone app. I loved using Echofon for that reason, I could read tweets on the phone all day then fire of the MBP and begin right where i left off.

10. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

I use Pidgin also on the PC, but has tried Trillian from time to time. Astra (4) was a giant piece of bloatware with unnecessary features and a messy interface, but on the latest one, 5, they have slimmed it down a lot. It is almost on par with Pidgin in terms of usability.

When I make a switch to Mac fultime I might try Trillian on the Mac if I don't like Adium.