Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beefburga

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
Is anyone else having this issue with the latest Twitter update?

New update is supposed to show a preview of any Twit Pic (pretty much like the other Twitter clients) in the timeline.

However, when I first updated it worked fine for the first time, then after that it stopped showing the pic previews.

I went in to setting where the toggle for the picture preview is and there was no toggle there!!

I deleted Twitter and re-installed, went directly to settings and there was the pic preview toggle..... Great...... sorted it.......... (but had I?)

again the pic review worked the first time and then stopped, I went back to Twitter settings and the Pic review toggle had gone again:eek:

I've tried hard resetting the phone, logging out of Twitter and logging back in and deleting the app and re-installing again, nothing will make this new update work.

So this is a shout to anyone who is having the same issue as me and if anyone has managed to sort this out.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

All the Best

Beef

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
i use tweetbot, but i just opened up the official twitter app and it appears to be working well for me. pics show up in the feed just normal.

Beefburga

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
I normally use Tweetings 2 but wanted to try the new update.

Like I said, it'll work for the first time then its almost like it resorts back to the previous version (with no picture preview)

Oh well, back to the tried and tested (working for me) Tweetings 2.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
Didnt work initially on my iPhone 5 but since leaving it overnight it seems to have kicked in and is working fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.