Latest ultrasnow unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by oglock, Dec 15, 2010.

1. oglock macrumors member

Sup everyone

Tried looking for a answer but not convinced I found the answer.. Does the latest ultrasnow unlock the iPhone for on a 4.1 firmware?

Thanks

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Technically yes. You just have to upgrade your baseband to 6.15.00

Read about it here: www.blog.iphone-dev.org

3. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Not if you have an iPhone 4.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You will have to give more information about the iphone you want to unlock. It is unlockable under certain condition.

For example: 3G/GS on IOS 4.1 with Baseband 05.14 can't be unlocked. These phones need to upgrade to Ipad baseband 06.15. Iphone 4 with IOS 4.1 can be unlocked if you still have baseband of 01.59 (upgrade to 4.1 while saving the baseband previously). Iphone 4 bought from Apple/AT&T in US with 4.1 installed will have baseband of 02.10 which can't be unlocked at the moment.

Hope this helps.

5. oglock thread starter macrumors member

Sorry it's a iPhone 4 which I want to unlock
    For the mrs

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cant at the moment.
    You gotta wait for a new unlock.

7. oglock thread starter macrumors member

Ok thanks for the replies

8. Gmcube macrumors regular

What about jailbroken? Was going to make a new topic, but figured this was as good a topic as any. It looks like the answer is no, but wanted to make sure. because it looks like I won't be able to jailbreak the one I get on Christmas day, which would suck.

9. noiceT macrumors 6502a

Depends on what FW you have on that iphone4 you're getting for xmas. If it's been recently bought, (which it probably has been) its most likely on 4.2.1 which means, yes you can JB with redsn0w, but it'll be a tethered JB. So if your battery dies, restart phone, etc, you'll need to reconnect to your computer and run thru redsn0w to boot.

Technically its "semi-tethered" which means it'll just lose the "jailbroken state", and go back to stock. However, this depends on what type of JB apps you have installed, etc. If it messes with springboard for example, you won't boot.

10. Gmcube macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm assuming it'll be 4.2.1 .

So, tethered jailbreak only then (for now)? Gotcha. I guess that's something.

Do you know if and when we get a more permanent solution if jailbroken data will get lost when going from a tethered JB to a real one? just don't get too attached to all the changes I make if I'm just going to have to redo it all.

11. noiceT macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if "transferring" from a tethered to untethered state will lose data.. however when (or if) the untethered solution is released I'm sure process and procedures, etc will be explained in full.

Just keep an eye on the dev team blog, and musclenerd's & comex twitter feeds; that's where the answers will come from.

Apparently untethered solution is close.. perhaps before xmas??:D